Friday, May 20, 2005

 
The Sun has posted pictures of Saddam Hussain in his underpants. As I don't read The Sun, I found out about it on the BBC site. The best bit - "The US said the photos appeared to breach Geneva Convention rules on the humane treatment of prisoners of war". Does that need a statement. Naturaly I condem the ill-treatment of prisoners, but my cynical part tells me that perhaps the Iraqi people need this, to see the former dictator in his pants, it could be a form of closure. Perhaps it will mark a decrease in violence as people see their figurehead as he actualy is now. Various other stories, notably involving stem cell research, something I am hugely in favour of - If a persons life can be so dramatically improved, at the expence of a few cells, then so be it. It benifits persons, with no harm to other persons. I think Mill would be in favour.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?